Total number of seats - dining area: 30 seats in the rustic room, and 30 in the garden pavilion, and in case the weather is sunny also dining for smaller groups outdoors
Booking: For a complete culinary experience, prior bookings are preferred.
The most stunning panoramic view
You cannot help but stop at the lookout point near the Klemenšek farm and admire the dizzy cliffs of the sharp-peaked mountains. Or maybe rest your eyes on the soft meadows of the Logar Valley deep below regardless if you are in a hurry like Krištof, or maybe hungry like Lintver, the greedy dragon.
On the Klemenšek farm
The Klemenšek farmstead is known for the exquisite vistas of the valley and surrounding mountain tops, while also noteworthy is the actual farm. Namely, it is one of the most frequently photographed farms in Slovenia, and often occupies the covers of domestic as well as foreign tourist brochures. What makes it so special is the roofing, composed entirely of larch shingles. Visitors should not miss the opportunity to enjoy their renowned culinary delicacies, in particular cured meat products, or to tour the 90-hectare farm cultivating the autochthonous Cika cattle, Alpine goats and Carniolan honey bees. When you truly wish to seize the day, join in the seasonal chores, such as turning and collecting the hay and as well as stacking the livestock fodder in the barns.
What to eat
- The farm is known for its award-winning cured meat products made from pork and beef from animals raised at the very homestead, complemented with salt from Piran, garlic water, pepper and sugar.
- Visitors will also admire the other home-made delicacies, such as bread, the famous Klemenšek žlinkrofi (meat or pear-filled) and štruklji. Dinner is available with prior booking.
- Reccommended: delicious "Klemenči želodec" cured meat and "Klemenči žlinkrofi."
What to see
- Lookout point – the most stunning panorama.
- Museum of old farming implements and accessories.
- Hundred-year-old chapel built from Solčava marble (Logar limestone).
What to do
- Rest on the loungers at the relaxation point and take in one of the most spectacular panoramas.
- Along the Solčava Panoramic Road in the direction of the Church of the Holy Spirit is the source of the mineral water (1km).
- The undulating valley provides plenty of opportunities for walks or real hiking tours through the Kamnik-Savinja Alps. There is also plenty an opportunity to engage in various sports activities, while near the farm are also two paragliding take-off strips (paragliding in tandem on request).
- See the museum of old farming implements and accessories.
- Walk through the forests to the Logar Valley (3km).