Total number of beds: 12
Number of seats - dining area: 45
Bookings: Prior booking is necessary.
White doves and meditation
Krištof the shepherd boy hopes to find his sheep where there used to be some white rocks that later miraculously turned into white doves, where the world is colourful just like from a fairy tale, within arm’s reach. Where every traveller halts in their steps to take in the extensive views, overwhelmed by the beauty, and once more finds themselves in love with this world. Who knows if it can be found in the Church of the Holy Spirit?
On the Strevc farm
The Strevc tourist farm stay is located along the Church of the Holy Spirit beneath the Potočka zijavka at the foot of Mt. Olševa at an elevation of 1,235 m. The inhabitants of the farm, each of them an expert on herbs and mushrooms, never continues to amaze with its home-cooked delicacies, regardless of the season. Children will be enthused by the different farm animals, in particular the kittens and Laika the dog. An hour’s walk away is the Potočka zijavka archaeological site. The farm is also the perfect starting point for trips to Mt. Olševa, Mt. Raduha, Mt. Peca as well as other summits of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps.
What to eat
- Guests staying at the farm as well as travellers stopping by for refreshments will be offered delicious štruklji, stews, žlikrofi, strudel, savinjski želodec and žganci – while filling their picnic baskets with spectacular home-made cheese, cottage cheese, tea, mushrooms and honey.
- Reccommended: home-made štruklji (cottage-cheese dumplings).
What to see
- The Church of the Holy Spirit which is considered the most important location along the Solčava panoramic road.
- The panorama of Mt. Raduha and Mt. Olševa with the entrance to the Potok Cave.
- Panorama of the Kamnik-Savinja Alps.
What to do
- A pleasant place for meditation in natural surroundings.
- The starting point for individual or guided tours to Mt. Olševa and Potočka zijavka.
- Walk to the spring of the mineral water.