Number of beds: 22
Number of seats - dining area: 55 seats inside the house, 30 seats on the terrace, 25 seats in the garden
Booking: Individual guests and small groups require no prior booking (bookings in case of large groups only).
Forest and forest berries
Lintver, the young dragon, is teasing Krištof that his sheep had run away to Carinthia, where an ancient trail leads over the Pavličevo sedlo pass. Not that long ago, women were mostly the ones that carried heavy loads across the pass since the people from Solčava used to run their errands in Carinthia. Back then, there were still no roads to Luče and one had to wade through the Savinja river at the famous Igla ("Needle") rock if one wanted to reach Styria. And a refreshment with tasty mixed berries is worth its weight in gold.
Majerhold mountain hut
The Majerhold Mountain Hut was designed as a unique little "village" nestled among the lush forests of Matkov kot at an elevation of 1,150m. It overlooks the majestic mountain peaks merely 2km from the border crossing with Austria, namely the Pavličevo sedlo mountain pass. It is composed of the main building and restaurant, three guest houses and three bungalows. Along with serenity and relaxation, the location provides plenty of recreational opportunities in unspoiled nature, be it summer or winter, and is famous for its home-cooked delicacies. Their culinary creations are made from natural and organic ingredients cultivated in their own garden or picked in the surrounding forests.
What to eat
- Guests will be served cheese štruklji, apple and blueberry strudel, flancati, žganci with boletus mushroom as well as other traditional Slovenian dishes. We also prepare dishes to order.
- Their offer includes excellent cured meat products, such as home-made salami and savinjski želodec, while every morning Vili bakes whole-meal or potato bread. And as a refreshment, a cup of soured milk or elderflower and lemon cordial.
- Reccommended: pancakes with forest berries.
What to see
- Železna Kapla (Bad Eisenkappel), the southernmost Austrian municipality known for the spa which has been designated a climate protection area and constitutes part of the Karawanks Geopark.
- Visit the Obir Dripstone Caves.
What to do
- Football field, picnic area.
- Hike to Matkov kot and Matkov Škaf.
- Swim in the Klopeiner See.
- Hiking and cycling trails.