Number of beds: 47
Number of seats - dining area: 50 in the house, 100 on the terrace
Bookings: The lodge is open from the beginning of June until the end of September on a daily basis; in May and October at weekends and holidays; in winter upon arrangement with the caretaker.
A pastoral idyll
Where else would our shepherd boy Krištof look for his sheep if not on the mountain pasture, which is a true shepherd’s paradise. But his journey was in vain. Maybe young Lintver brought him here because it knows that the larch with seven tops does not grow here. The dragon is afraid of the larch because such a larch killed its father during the flood. Its bones were later found on the Logar fields.
The Grohot mountain lodge below Mt Raduha (1,460 m) is a pleasant mountain shelter on the Grohot mountain pasture, below the northern walls of Raduha. The lodge is an element of the Solčava Panoramic Road, however, not its primary section which may easily be conquered in a single day – the walk along the blazed hiking trail, or via the road from the Bukovc excursion farm that takes no longer than 45 minutes. In summer or winter, guests are invited to sit on the terrace and enjoy the warm and pleasant rays of sun while delighting in the local delicacies while children play with the wooden sheep.
What to eat
- Guests are offered various ready-made stews and desserts, as well as food prepared to order. Always available are warm and cold beverages, including such based on local mountain herbs.
- Reccommended: ready–made stews.
What to see
- Views to the surrounding peaks of Raduha, Lanež, Olševa, and Peca.
- You can admire a breathtaking view over the imposing northern wall of Raduha, where you can often observe mountain climbers on different climbing routes.
- The old border dividing Styria and Carinthia running from Mt. Olševa above Bukovnih towards Lanež then onwards in the direction of Smrekovec – in the previous century, the local mountain passes witnessed heavy traffic to both sides.
What to do
- Starting point for the mountain trail to Raduha.
- The mountain lodge is included in the Slovenian Mountain Trail – continue in the direction of Mts. Smrekovec, Peca, Ojstrica or other peaks and lodges in the Kamnik–Savinja Alps, the Karawanks or Pohorje.