Number of beds: 12
Number of seats - dining area: 45
Hunting and archery on the shores of the lake that disappeared
The shepherd boy Krištof is sympathetically standing on the shore of a former lake when young Lintver, the miserable dragon, remembers the rule of its father. They are both reminded of the times of brave fishermen, when hunting was still performed with a bow and arrow, by Ribča peč. Today, you can still learn the skills.
On the Gradišnik farm
Even today, the Gradišnik farm continues to reflect an era forgotten by most while keeping track with the present. It is the first farm built in the Matkov kot valley, as well as the only farm located away from the main road leading through the area. Its sunny location is especially spectacular amidst the alpine meadows and the breathtaking vista of Mt. Mrzla gora as well as other nearby peaks. The farm also rents out bows as well as giving archery lessons, while the most adventurous can participate in the 3-kilometre 3-D archery adventure deep in the forest.
What to eat
- The farm is famous for its home-cooked delicacies, such as cold cuts with Savinjski želodec (cured meat in pig stomach), pear žlikrofi and cream of mushroom soup.
- Also for sale are hand-woven woollen socks and organic eggs.
- Reccommended: cream of mushroom soup.
What to see
- Learn the legend of the once glacial lake.
- The facilities that have been preserved have retained their authentic architectural design characteristic of the Upper Savinja Valley in the mid-19th century.
What to do
- Archery lessons and the forest archery trail with 3-D shooting targets (3-D targets – life-sized animal-shaped targets in their natural colours, made from plastic materials).
- The farm is the perfect starting point for every hiking enthusiast beckoned by Mt. Mrzla gora or the surrounding peaks.