Number of seats - dining area: 35 in house, 40 on the terrace
Bookings: Prior bookings only for large groups.
The highest peak and the highest Slovenian farm
The Bukovc farm is the highest farm in Slovenia. However, Krištof the shepherd boy, despite the clever advice from Lintver the dragon, has still not found his lost sheep. But he did see the deity turned into stone, which is far older than the old dragon Lintver. On a clear day, there is a beautiful view of Mt. Triglav from the farm, but Krištof could also enjoy a hearty homemade meal at the farm.
The Bukovnik farm
The Bukovc (Bukovnik) excursion farm is located at the foot of Mt. Raduha at an elevation of 1,327m, and is considered the highest farm in Slovenia. Wood has always been the staple of their survival. Nowadays, though, the location is also popular among hikers making their way from Solčava past Podolševa and towards Mt. Olševa, also cyclists, families as well as lovers of idyllic nature and unforgettable panoramas. Guests are treated to home-made delicacies prepared from seasonal ingredients.
What to eat
- Hikers often opt for home-made salami and Savinjski želodec cold cuts; also popular are cottage cheese, a speciality in the Solčava region – sirnek (green cheese).
- Also their medicinal herbal teas are delicious, containing Perforate St John’s-wort, common lady's mantle and other herbs found at Mt. Raduha.
- Reccommended: soured milk with buckwheat žganci.
What to see
- From the highest lying farm in Slovenia, the views over Raduha, Peca, Olševa, Košuta, Storžič, Kamnik-Savinja Alps, Podolševa with the little Church of the Holy Spirit, and Matkov kot are breathtaking.
- The view reaches as far as Triglav, Slovenia’s highest mountain. You can get a unique view of Mt. Triglav through the spy hole in the tree trunk (there are also binoculars available).
What to do
- The starting point for the walking trail to the Grohot mountain pasture.
- The hiking trail to Raduha and the hiking trail to Olševa.
- Cycle the Solčava Panoramic Road.
- On theway to Solčava, drop by at the Robnik farm, where you can buy food and local products, tel.: +386 (0)31 321 503.